In negotiations, a successful and workable outcome is important for both parties.
- How do you know whether you’re achieving the best possible outcome?
- Do you even know what the best outcome is?
- How can you secure a great deal for your business without prejudicing your working relationship with the other party?
To learn how to make your commercial relationships work more profitably, attend our ‘Constructive Negotiation’ workshop. This one-day training course is limited to twelve delegates, as it involves an intensive role-play exercise to ensure everyone gains the maximum benefit. With negotiation training, as with so much other skills-based learning, the opportunity to practise your new skills in a safe environment is essential – and this Devant training course provides plenty of exercises to enable delegates to do exactly that!
This workshop is only available to be delivered in-house for your team. Read more about in-house training here.
“I had a negotiation today that went incredibly well. Lots of planning, communicated your ‘bigger cake’ theory, applied the charm offensive, and some of the other techniques you shared with us. My CEO was very impressed! I will be procuring your book, and recommending you to my contacts.”
– Pippa Robertson, Legal & Commercial Manager, The Keyholding Company
What’s included in this Devant workshop?
When delivering this programme for you in-house, we will work with you to understand the needs of your delegates and of the business. The content below will be tailored to deliver maximum benefit to your team, using exercises and case studies directly relevant to your business. The price includes all tailoring, and development and supply of all course materials, but excludes our travel and subsistence costs and provision of a suitable venue and refreshments for the training.
At our interactive ‘Constructive Negotiation’ workshop, you will:
- Understand the process of negotiation
- Know how to identify your negotiating objectives
- Be able to assess the strength of your negotiating position and improve it
- Find out how to build perceived value and create negotiating capital
- Learn how to prioritise your negotiation points
- Understand the importance of trading and persuading
- Find out how to categorise risks and issues according to business impact
- Be able to manage the negotiation process using the ‘Issues Register’
- Discover how to plan your negotiation strategy (and build support for it within the business)
- Know how to deal with common negotiating tactics, styles, roadblocks, and challenging personalities
- Be able to manage multi-party and team negotiations
- Have the opportunity to practice negotiating at every stage, including assessment, preparation, negotiation, and securing a workable deal
- Find out how to avoid common negotiation pitfalls
You will come away with practical tools to help you negotiate better deals that meet your business objectives.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is responsible for negotiating new commercial relationships and deals, or for managing delivery against agreed contracts, including: CEOs, CFOs, COOs, sales directors and executives, commercial directors and managers, and project managers.
“The Devant workshop has given us the tools to build value early in our negotiations, and hold onto it!”
– Calum Roy, Managing Director, Boundary Metal Limited
“Fantastic training, probably the only one of a kind available on the market.”
– Karin Ionescu, Contracts Manager for Oracle
Looking to do all three of our contract courses?
You might want to consider our three day course, which covers all of the material from our negotiation workshop, integrated with real-life contract law and drafting case studies. It’s run twice a year, whereas the one day courses are only available in June. Alternatively, if there are six or more of you, it would be very cost-effective to run this as an in-house workshop. Please get in touch for more information.